Travel with confidence
If you plan to travel with us, please follow the latest Government guidance, and adhere to the rules for face coverings.
For more information on the Government's guidance, visit: gov.uk/coronavirus
For all the information you need for travelling with us during the Coronavirus pandemic visit: southwesternrailway.com/coronavirus
Having seen an increase in staff availability over recent days, we’re pleased to be able to reintroduce the following key services:
- 05:10 London Waterloo to Twickenham via Brentford
- 05:35 Hampton Court to London Waterloo
- 05:55 Weymouth to London Waterloo
- 06:05 Twickenham to London Waterloo via Brentford
- 06:50 Farnham to London Waterloo
- 06:54 Basingstoke to London Waterloo
- 07:15 London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Twickenham and Brentford
- 07:30 Shepperton to London Waterloo
- 07:30 Dorking to London Waterloo
- Additional calls at Weybridge (07:25) and Walton-on-Thames (07:28) for service into London Waterloo
- 08:45 London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Richmond
- 16:10 Salisbury to Yeovil Junction
- 17:07 London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Brentford and Twickenham
- 17:10 Yeovil Junction to Salisbury
- The 17:20 London Waterloo to Salisbury service will run through to Exeter St Davids
- 17:41 London Waterloo to Basingstoke service, with calls at Surbiton and Farnborough
- 17:43 London Waterloo to Shepperton
- 18:45 London Waterloo to London Waterloo via Brentford and Twickenham
- 20:42 London Waterloo to Basingstoke
January 17 timetable change
From Monday 17 January, we will be running a new temporary timetable, which will continue to ensure reliability for our customers and cater to key workers, school pupils and those who cannot work from home.
The spread of Omicron has necessitated the need for a new timetable, with staff shortages across SWR leading to short notice cancellations.
The timetable will allow us to match capacity and demand effectively, with Covid restrictions meaning more people are working from home.
Key timetable changes include:
- The London Waterloo to Exeter services will split at Salisbury
- The London Waterloo to Weymouth services will split at Bournemouth
- The Shepperton branch will reduce to hourly during off-peak periods. During peak periods, two services per hour will be available, with one requiring a change at Kingston
- London Waterloo to Alton will reduce to hourly
- London Waterloo to Basingstoke will reduce to hourly during off-peak periods
- The last train of each day will be earlier than at present
These temporary timetable changes will remain under review going forward. Journey planners will be updated on a week-by-week basis, with updates taking place towards the end of each week.
In the meantime, the below PDF timetables can be used to help plan your journey, however please note that engineering work may impact your journey on weekends and some weekdays. Please make sure you check your journey as close to your time of travel as possible.
Frequently asked questions
Our teams need to make amendments to the timetable to ensure services are planned to factor in engineering works, including a number of midweek engineering works taking place in the next few weeks. As the engineering work taking place varies week by week, there will be some variations to the timetable each week. As such we are only able to update journey planners a few days before the start of the week.