Price Promise Guarantee T&Cs
Online claim only: Claims can only be made via completing the form on this page and it’s important to make sure you complete the form accurately. Any incomplete or inaccurate refund claim forms will be invalid.
Refund claim forms must be received by South Western Railway no later than 24 hours after you purchased your train ticket(s).
South Western Railway is not responsible for any Price Promise refund forms which aren’t received or are delayed in transmission beyond our reasonable control.
Evidence to be provided
South Western Railway reserves the right to verify evidence of the lower online fare available for purchase at the lower price.
To be eligible for a Price Promise guarantee refund, you must supply sufficient evidence of the payment stage of the website where you found the ticket at a lower price, showing the identical ticket type, origin, destination, routing, class, number of passengers, Railcards, date and time, and fulfilment type. Associated fees must also be shown.
Evidence must show that the lower online fare was found within 24 hours of the southwesternrailway.com or South Western Railway app booking.
Any decision by South Western Railway on the validity of a claim will be final.
If your claim meets the requirements described above, a refund of the difference between the purchase cost of each qualifying ticket on southwesternrailway.com or the South Western Railway app and the cost of the lower online fare will be credited within 28 days of the claim, having been verified by South Western Railway.
The refund of the difference between the purchase cost on southwesternrailway.com or South Western Railway app and the total cost of the lower online fare is the sole and exclusive compensation that will be made to qualified claimants who show that South Western Railway failed to meet the Price Promise guarantee.
Our price promise guarantee does not apply to the following:
- Purchases made through a non-South Western Railway online booking channel, a non-designated third party website, or any other channel
- Routes/journeys that are not operated solely by South Western Railway
- Discounted or negotiated prices that aren’t available to the general public
- Price disparities due to fluctuations, rounding, or differences in currency exchange rates
- South Western Railway promotions available through southwesternrailway.com, South Western Railway app, or thetrainline.com and Trainline app. These include but are not limited to: seat sales; First Class seat sales; flash sales.