Travel can be daunting if you need extra help, but we’re committed to making travel easier. One of the ways we do this is by offering the Disabled Persons Railcard. It’s a great way to save 1/3 on rail fares for you and a friend, and you can save at any time of day.
Am I eligible for a Disabled Persons Railcard?
then you can apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard.
When you apply, you will also need to provide proof of eligibility with your application.
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP) or Adult Disability Payment (ADP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Child Disability Payment (CDP) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance or Pension Age Disability Payment (PADP)
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability, or
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
What can I save with a Disabled Persons Railcard?
Save 1/3 on train travel anywhere in the country, any time of day, for you and a friend. A Disabled Persons Railcard can also give you savings and discounts on events and days out and our 2FOR1 entry offers at a number of UK attractions.
What does a Disabled Persons Railcard cost?
£20 for 1 year or £54 for a 3-year railcard.
How do I get a Disabled Persons Railcard?
You can apply online, call the team on 0345 3000 250, or download the online forms and apply at a staffed station with a passport-size photo, valid ID and proof of eligibility.
Do you need travel assistance?
Whether you have a Disabled Persons Railcard or not, if you’re travelling by train in the next few months and need assistance, let us know and we’ll be happy to help. Remember, from many of our stations, you only need to let us know four hours before you travel.
If you don’t know when you’re going to travel, it’s okay not to book. If our team can’t help you immediately, they will do their best to explain why. There may be a wait, but our aim is to make sure you can travel as soon as possible.
Find out more about our
assisted travel services
How long does it take for my Disabled Persons Railcard to arrive?
You should allow 5 working days for your application to be processed and have your railcard posted to you. You can also pay for Special Delivery service if you would like your railcard to be delivered within two days.