Customers based on South Western Railway’s Portsmouth main line will benefit from extra services and journey opportunities when the next train timetable is introduced, from 19 May.
Andy Mellors, Managing Director of South Western Railway, welcomed the good news:
“There will be substantial changes to our next timetable starting in May, which will bring over 300 additional train services a week for our customers across the network.
“Many of these service enhancements are based on extensive consultations and feedback sessions that were undertaken previously with local stakeholders, businesses, community groups and customers.
“We are very pleased that these enhancements will come to fruition shortly and we will continue to work on refurbishing our existing fleet and introducing brand new state-of-the-art trains in to service by the end of the year.”
Some of the highlights for the Portsmouth main line are:
- Additional peak hour services on the Portsmouth direct line
- Additional services between Waterloo and Hedge End, Botley, Fareham
- Additional late evening weekday services to / from Waterloo and Haslemere / Portsmouth
- Additional Sunday afternoon fast Waterloo – Portsmouth and Southsea services in both directions (routed via Cobham)
- Doubling of the frequency of services at Godalming
- New Farnham to Guildford service
- The Island Line summer Sunday service of two trains per hour will continue throughout the winter
Full details of all timetable changes for May 2019 are available online at southwesternrailway.com or nationalrail.co.uk, or you can download the full list.