Advance tickets terms and conditions
- Advance tickets go on sale up to 12 weeks before the date of travel.
- For specific prices quoted, a minimum of 1000 tickets per day are available for when booking no later than the deadline quoted.
- Availability by train varies and quoted fares will not apply to all trains. Higher fares may apply on selected services, or when booking closer to your departure date.
- You can buy Advance tickets up to the day of travel, subject to availability on selected routes.
- Advance tickets are for single journeys, so you can mix prices, class of travel and ticket types to suit your needs.
- If you have a Railcard, you can save 34% on Advance tickets – but there’s no discount for Network Railcards or Gold Cards.
- Child discounts are also available, with or without a Railcard.
- Advance tickets are only valid on your booked train(s) and you must only travel between the origin and destination stations on your ticket. Break of journey is not permitted except to change trains.
- Advance tickets are currently refundable until 30 September 2022, you can find full details here.
- Some journeys may be affected by engineering works - please check here before travelling.
- Tickets are sold subject to the National Rail Conditions of Travel. Normal refund conditions apply.
- The promoter is First MTR South Western Trains Limited, company number 07900320, registered at 8th Floor, The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, London, W2 1AF ("South Western Railway")
Evening Out and Sunday Out terms and conditions
- Evening Out and Sunday Out tickets are generally available as Day Returns, Day Singles and Day Travelcards for travel in Standard Class.
- These tickets do not need to be pre-booked so you can buy them just before travel.
- Evening Out tickets are only available for travel Mondays – Saturdays, including public holidays; Sunday Out tickets are only available for travel on Sundays.
- Evening Out tickets are only valid at certain times of the day, Monday-Saturday, which is summarised below:
Sunday Out tickets are valid for travel at any time on Sundays.
Child and Railcard discounts are available.
Tickets are refundable. If you buy your ticket through our website, app or at one of stations, we will give you a fee-free refund if you surrender it for before the date it’s valid. If you surrender your unused ticket on, or after, the first date it’s valid, or you buy from another retailer, you will need to pay a £10 administration fee.
Some journeys may be affected by engineering works - please check here before travelling
Tickets are sold subject to the National Rail Conditions of Travel.
The promoter is First MTR South Western Trains Limited, company number 07900320, registered at 8th Floor, The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, London, W2 1AF ("South Western Railway")
- Travelling to London Waterloo, or any station in London Zones 1-6, tickets are not valid on trains arriving into London Waterloo before 14:01. On the return journey, not valid for journeys starting before 19:01, or 19:05 if boarding at Vauxhall, and 19:10 at Clapham Junction. These evening time restrictions do not apply to Evening Out Day Travelcards if travelling wholly within London Zones 1-6.
- For any other journey, tickets are not valid for journeys starting before 12:01. There are additional time restrictions if boarding at: London Waterloo 16:00-19:01, Vauxhall 16:00-19:05, Clapham Junction 16:00-19:10.
Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets terms and conditions
Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets
Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak day tickets
GroupSave terms and conditions
- At least 1 adult (aged 16 or older) must travel within each GroupSave ticket, and the whole group must travel together at all times.
- No further discounts are available for children or Railcard holders.
- GroupSave tickets are only valid for certain times of the day. Please use the journey planner to check that the times you want to travel fall within this. There may also be certain journeys and certain dates that GroupSave will not be available. Please check the National Rail website for GroupSave restricted dates.
- Our GroupSave tickets cover you on the following train companies: South Western Railway, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Thameslink, Great Northern, Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, London Midland, London Overground, Southeastern and Southern.
2FOR1 terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions for the Offer and the Voucher
- The promoters are the Train Companies ("TOCs") trading as and hereinafter referred to as "The Promoters" and its following partners (“the Partners”) for the 2FOR1 and any other offers entry campaign ("The Offer"):
- The offer is open to residents of and visitors to the British Isles.
- Details of the Offer (2FOR1): One adult (or child) (“the Customer”) is admitted free of charge to a list of the attractions stated on daysoutguide.co.uk (“the Attractions”) when accompanied by one adult who pays the full adult price, unless otherwise stated on the pages of daysoutguide.co.uk website.
- Other offers: e.g., '% off' may apply as stated on the pages of daysoutguide.co.uk website. In the event of a full price and concessionary ticket being purchased together, the higher price ticket must be paid for. Conditions apply to specific attractions. Please refer at all times to the individual terms and conditions listed on this website (“The Conditions”).
- The Offer is obtained upon presentation of either a valid voucher downloaded and printed at daysoutguide.co.uk, a completed Days Out Guide leaflet voucher (which can be found in select stations or an advance booking ticket, plus valid train tickets (see FAQs for definitions of valid train tickets) (“the Voucher”).
- Oyster cards (including concessionary cards), Travel Cards sold from London Underground or DLR stations, Freedom Passes, Tickets sold in-flight (or mobile) for Stansted Express or Gatwick Express where the National Rail logo is not present, Eurostar tickets, Heathrow Express tickets and eTickets where the National Rail logo is not present are not valid with this offer (see FAQs for definitions of tickets which are not valid).
- The Offer may not be used in conjunction with or in addition to any other discount voucher, offer or concession rate offered by the Attractions e.g. family or group rates or other special offers.
- The validity dates of the Offer are stated on the Attractions page and/or on the 2FOR1 or any other offer voucher and are subject to the Attractions’ normal opening dates and times, unless otherwise stated. Please check opening times with the Attractions before making a visit and/or purchase.
- All information and prices detailed on the daysoutguide.co.uk pages are subject to change without notice throughout the promotional period for the Offer.
- The Attractions venues reserve the right to not redeem, or accept photocopied, damaged, forged or defaced 2FOR1 or any other offer vouchers.
- The Attractions reserve the right to refuse admission where the Conditions have not been adhered to and the Promoter will make no reimbursement for any unused tickets.
- For 2FOR1 vouchers: only one discount voucher may be used per two people.
- There is no cash alternative in lieu of using a 2FOR1 or any other offer voucher to visit the Attractions or take part in any activity in the Attractions.
- Exchange, re-sale of sale of the Voucher is strictly prohibited.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for lost or stolen of the Vouchers.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for loss of property/injuries/or accidents that may occur during the visit of any of the Attractions or any of the activities in the Attractions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or replace the Offer for any activity in the Attractions without prior notice.
- Please refer at all times to the Conditions, other special conditions, which may apply to the Attractions as detailed on the page of daysoutguide.co.uk website. It is advisable to double confirm the Conditions and another special conditions, along with the entrance rates with the Attractions before making a visit/purchase.
- The Promoter cannot guarantee the opening hours of the Attractions and parts or all of certain exhibitions in the Attractions may be closed for technical or any other reasons without notice.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any refunds for the payment made directly with an Attraction on any Advance Booking resulting from the failure of the Customer in not completing the train journey.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any issues encountered by the Customer in making a purchase of Advance Booking on the Partners' websites.
- There is no monetary value associated with the Advance Booking and it shall not be exchanged or not redeemed in any form of credits or currency.