What's Going On
Due to a signalling problem between Fratton and Hilsea trains have to run at reduced speed on the northbound line. Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 minutes or revised. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.
What We're Doing About It
We have been informed of a signalling problem between Fratton and Hilsea. This means that trains have to run at a reduced speed on the northbound line (towards Havant/Fareham). Trains may be changed at short notice and will incur delays of approximately 20 minutes through this area.
Hilsea will not be served by northbound trains.
- Trains heading towards Havant/Fareham will not stop at Hilsea. Passengers wishing to alight at Hilsea should change at Bedhampton/Havant/Cosham. Services towards Portsmouth Harbour are stopping at Hilsea as advertised.
- Passengers at Hilsea wishing to travel towards Fareham/Havant should travel to Fratton and change there for a service to these stations.
You may use your SWR ticket, at no extra cost to yourself, on:
- GTR services between Portsmouth Harbour and Clapham Junction.
- GWR services between Portsmouth Harbour and Southampton Central.
- Stagecoach bus services 20,21,22 and 23 in the Portsmouth-Fareham-Havant areas.
Replacement road transport is available for use at the discretion of station staff at Havant and Portsmouth Harbour stations.
For further information or onward travel advice please speak to a member of staff or use a station help point.
We are very sorry for any delay that this may cause to your journey.
If you would like to make a comment about your experience with us today, please call us on 0345 6000 650 (option 4) or see https://www.southwesternrailway.com/contact-and-help/contact-us for other ways to contact us.