Customers based on South Western Railway’s Reading and Windsor lines will benefit from extra services and journey opportunities when the next train timetable is introduced, from 19 May.
Andy Mellors, Managing Director of South Western Railway, welcomed the good news:
“There will be substantial changes to our next timetable starting in May, which will bring over 300 additional train services a week for our customers across the network.
“Many of these service enhancements are based on extensive consultations and feedback sessions that were undertaken previously with local stakeholders, businesses, community groups and customers.
“We are very pleased that these enhancements will come to fruition shortly and we will continue to work on refurbishing our existing fleet and introducing brand new state-of-the-art trains in to service by the end of the year.”
Some of the highlights for the Reading / Windsor lines are:
- There will be a change to the Ascot to Guilford service which has been split into two new ½ hourly services, Ascot to Aldershot and Guildford to Farnham.
- The Reading to Waterloo line will see two additional trains during the morning peak and an additional service during the evening peak.
- Passengers travelling between Hounslow via Brentford to Waterloo will benefit from two new morning and one evening peak time service with faster journey times
- The Waterloo to Farnham (via Ascot) route will see an additional morning and evening peak service
- The Windsor to Waterloo route will see an additional morning and evening peak service
- On Sundays, there will be a new Salisbury to Reading (via Basingstoke) service
Full details of all timetable changes for May 2019 are available online at southwesternrailway.com or nationalrail.co.uk, or you can download the full list.