Community Rail Partnerships (CRPs) are not-for-profit organisations that help to further connect the railway with the communities they serve. They work closely with train operators across the country, promoting healthy and sustainable travel, designing projects which bring communities together, as well as supporting social and economic development.
We’re proud to provide funding and support to 11 CRPs on our network.
What do Community Rail Partnerships do?
Each CRP has a steering group made up of local stakeholders, who agree an activity plan for their stations. The activities often include:
- Producing line guides to promote local attractions
- Encouraging and supporting station adoption
- Working with us to promote Try the Train days, for those without the confidence to use the railway
- Working with us to develop redundant spaces at stations into community hubs
- Other initiatives that promote rail travel and the possibilities it offers
Our Community Rail Partnerships