Until mid evening South Western Railway will run the Saturday timetable, altered as shown below.
From about 1900 a revised service will run with many late evening trains being cancelled or not running to their normal destinations. The network will shut down completely by about 2200 and passengers travelling during the evening should make sure their journey will be possible before starting.
London Paddington station will have a very limited train service today. We will be running extra trains to and from Reading to help accommodate passengers diverted from London Paddington. Trains on this route are expected to be very busy today.
The lines between Clapham Junction and London Victoria will be closed today and trains between Clapham Junction and London Waterloo will be busier than normal.
Engineering work will take place at Westbury throughout the holiday period and there will be no South Western Railway service to or from Bristol. Please see Great Western Railway publicity for details of their services.
Some lines between London Waterloo and Clapham Junction (including about half of London Waterloo station) will be closed all day for bridge repairs. A reduced train service will run in and out of London Waterloo.
Many trains will leave London Waterloo from different platforms to normal - please check displays at station.
Queenstown Road station will have no service. Please use other stations nearby, but note that there will be no train service from Battersea Park.
Many train services in and out of London Waterloo will make additional stops or use alternative routes with longer journey times. Most services will run to revised timetables.
The following services will be altered as shown below and you may need to change trains to complete your journey.
- A reduced train service will run between London Waterloo, Haslemere and Portsmouth.
- The stopping service to Poole will only run between Basingstoke and Poole.
- The service to Portsmouth via Eastleigh will only run between Basingstoke and Portsmouth.
- The stopping service to Salisbury will only run between Basingstoke and Salisbury.
- Trains will run between Wimbledon and Guildford via Epsom.
- There will be no South Western Railway service to Dorking and passengers should use Southern services between Epsom and Dorking.
- Trains will run between Wimbledon and Chessington.
- Trains will run between Surbiton and Hampton Court, also between Surbiton and Guildford via Cobham.
- A revised timetable will run between London Waterloo and Reading to cater for additional passengers diverted from London Paddington.
- The circular service via Hounslow will not run.
- An hourly service will run between Staines and Weybridge.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Windsor & Eton Riverside will run via Brentford and Hounslow to cover other altered services on this route.
Services throughout the South Western Railway area will be affected by this work. Please check your train times before starting your journey.
From about 1900 a revised service will run with many late evening trains being cancelled or not running to their normal destinations. The network will shut down completely by about 2200 and if you plan to travel during the evening you should make sure your journey will be possible before starting.Island Line services will start to shut down from about 2000 and will finish by about 2100. Further details will be published nearer the time.