South Western Railway will run the Saturday timetable, altered as shown below. There will also be some alterations to fit in with other operators who may be running a different level of service and to provide extra services for those travelling to work on these days.
London Paddington station will be closed today. Where possible, we will be running extra coaches on trains to Exeter to accommodate passengers diverted from London Paddington. These trains are expected to be very busy today.
South Western Railway will be running extra services between London Waterloo and Reading and in order to provide trains and crew for these a revised timetable will apply for all services which normally pass through Staines.
- Four trains an hour will run between London Waterloo and Reading via Staines.
- A revised train service will run between London Waterloo and Windsor & Eton Riverside. Trains will make extra stops and will run via Brentford and Hounslow.
- A shuttle train service will run between Virginia Water and Weybridge. Please use other train services between London Waterloo and Virginia Water or Weybridge to connect.
The lines between Southampton Central and Southampton Airport Parkway, also between Southampton Central and Fareham will be closed until 1 January 2018 for the Southampton Area upgrade project.
The line between Fareham and Woolston will be open from 0830 to 1830 today, reducing the length of the bus journeys on this route.
The following service alterations will apply today.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Weymouth will be replaced by buses between Southampton Airport Parkway and Southampton Central.
- The stopping service to and from Poole will only run between London Waterloo and Basingstoke. Other trains will make extra stops at Shawford and at stations between Southampton Central and Bournemouth.
- Trains will run between Salisbury and Southampton Central, connecting with buses to and from Eastleigh.
- Great Western Railway services to and from Portsmouth will call at Eastleigh instead of Southampton Central. These trains will also serve Chandler’s Ford.
- CrossCountry services will be diverted between Southampton Central and Basingstoke with longer journey times. Newcastle services will only run north of Reading.
Until 0830 and from 1830
- Southern services will be altered to run to and from Portsmouth. Buses will run between Havant and Southampton Central.
- Bus services will run between Fareham and Southampton Central. Please use other train services through Fareham to connect with these buses.
From 0830 until 1830
- Stopping train services will run between Portsmouth & Southsea and Woolston. Connecting buses will run between Woolston and Southampton Central.
- Southern services from Brighton will run to Woolston. A bus shuttle will run between Woolston and Southampton Central.
- Services from London Victoria will still run to Portsmouth as above.
Island Line will run the normal weekday timetable today.