Since 2008, this internationally renowned event has been entertaining people over the years through an array of displays exhibiting aircraft from the past and present. Whether it is air, land or sea, it offers a spectacular experience with something to cater to everyone.
What's on at the Bournemouth Air Festival
The annual Bournemouth Air Festival has a truly eclectic selection of things to see, including:
- Swedish Air Force Historic Flight (SwAFHF) will be showcasing their Saab Draken for the first time at the Air Festival
- RAF HC2 Chinook flights from the festival stalwarts
- Night air displays from "Otto" the helicopter, the Red Devils Parachute Regiment Freefall Team, and the Fireflies Aerobatic Display Team
- Sea displays from Archer class patrol vessels, a Bay class support vessel, and a Royal Navy frigate
- Cooking demonstrations from Royal Navy chefs
- Royal Navy diving teams will be showcasing their skills in the diving tank
- Unarmed combat demonstrations from Royal Marines
- An array of army equipment and vehicles to get up close to at the Army Village.
How to get to the Bournemouth Air Festival
Nearest station: Bournemouth
Getting to the Bournemouth Air Festival is easy, with regular trains from London Waterloo, Woking, Basingstoke, and Southampton. Regular buses and taxis serve the town centre from the railway station - making it simple to get to the Air Festival.