Visit us at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard for a truly memorable family day out! See Henry VIII’s one true love as you’ve never seen her before. Be wowed by the stunning panoramic views of the ship from all nine galleries and discover thousands of artefacts recovered from the seabed. Explore our historic ships, including Lord Nelson’s flagship HMS Victory, HMS Warrior 1860, the world’s first iron-hulled armoured warship and HMS M.33, the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli Campaign. Visit our new blockbuster exhibition, 36 hours: Jutland 1916, The Battle That Won The War, to find out about the greatest naval battle ever fought. Your day out won’t be complete without an adventure-packed trip to Action Stations, where you can train like a Commando or try the new Ninja Force assault course, a brand new attraction based on TV’s popular Ninja Warrior series – the first of its kind in the UK. Add in a complimentary Harbour Tour to cruise around Portsmouth Harbour.
Your ALL-ATTRACTION ticket includes entry to:
- The Mary Rose: Watch this breath-taking 16th century ship come alive in a way not seen in any other museum in the world. See the extraordinary collection of Tudor artefacts recovered from the sea after nearly 500 years.
- HMS Victory: The world’s most celebrated warship has undergone her biggest change. A major reinterpretation of her visitor route through the ship enables visitors to follow in the footsteps of Nelson, its most famous Admiral.
- HMS Warrior 1860: The world’s first iron-hulled, armoured warship launched in 1860 and never fired a shot in anger, yet changed naval warfare forever.
- 36 hours: Jutland 1916, The Battle That Won The War: This brand new exhibition from The National Museum of the Royal Navy reveals the story behind the greatest naval battle in history.
- The National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth: Britain’s only museum dedicated to the men and women of the Royal Navy spanning several hundred years.
- Action Stations: Release your inner ninja on the new Ninja Force assault course. Measuring 20 metre by six metre, the course combines elements of Parkour, rock climbing and rope courses and is suitable for anyone over six and visitors can have as many goes as they like. Home to dozens of interactive adventures, including Britain’s tallest indoor climbing tower, giving a taste of life in today’s Royal Navy and Royal Marines.
- Boathouse 4: A great new family attraction within the Historic Dockyard, with hands-on children’s activities and a brand new indoor Mast & Rigging experience. There is the Forgotten Craft exhibition which pays tribute to the heroic small naval craft and crews of the past. You can also get a great birds-eye view of students practising traditional boatbuilding skills as part of the International Boatbuilding Training College Portsmouth.
Combined ticket savings
Find out how much you can save when you buy a combined rail and entry ticket to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. Just add the combined ticket price in bold to the cost of your rail ticket to Portsmouth Harbour. You can find the cost of your rail ticket by using our online journey planner.
* Price excludes rail travel to/from Portsmouth Harbour station. Please note the 'on gate' price is for a year's access, whereas the South West Trains combined ticket is valid for one day.
You can save money when you travel by train if you travel at off peak times with our Off Peak and Super Off Peak tickets. When 3-9 people travel together, you can save 34% on your rail travel with a GroupSave discount. Why not get the family or a group of friends together and see how much you could save?