Planning ahead and buying your tickets in advance not only means you have less to worry about, but it can also save you money.
Advance tickets are not available on every train, and prices vary at different days and times – buy online and you can compare to find the best deals. Child and Railcard discounts are available, except for Network Railcards or Gold Cards.
Find out more about ways to buy your ticket.
Things you need to know about Advance tickets:
- Advance tickets go on sale up to 12 weeks before the date of travel
- You can buy Advance tickets up to 23:59 the day before travel, subject to availability
- Advance tickets are for single journeys, so you can mix prices, class of travel and ticket types to suit your needs
- If you have a Railcard, you can save 34% on Advance tickets – but there’s no discount for Network Railcards or Gold Cards
- Child discounts are also available, with or without a Railcard
- Advance tickets are only valid on your booked train(s) and you must only travel between the origin and destination stations on your ticket
- Advance tickets are not refundable, but if your journey plans change, you can make changes to your Advance ticket before you start your journey – changes will cost a minimum of £10
Read the full conditions for Advance tickets.