Some lines between London Waterloo and Clapham Junction (including about half of London Waterloo station) will be closed all day Sunday for work on the Waterloo & South West Upgrade project. A reduced train service will run in and out of London Waterloo on the lines which remain open.
All lines in the Wimbledon, Surbiton and Kingston areas will also be closed on Sunday and replacement bus services will run on routes passing through this area. Alterations for all this work are listed below.
All South Western Railway services will use platforms 3 to 6 at Clapham Junction and platforms 1 to 4 at Vauxhall. Many trains will leave London Waterloo from different platforms to normal - please check displays at station.
Queenstown Road station will have no service. Please use other stations nearby.
Berrylands station will not be served by the replacement buses.
Many train services will run in and out of London Waterloo using the lines and platforms which remain open but will make additional stops or use alternative routes with longer journey times. Most services will run to revised timetables.
The following services will be altered as shown below and you may need to change trains to complete your journey.
- Some services between London Waterloo and Exeter will only run west of Basingstoke.
- Some services between London Waterloo and Portsmouth via Haslemere will only run between Woking and Portsmouth.
- An hourly stopping service will run between Woking and Basingstoke, also between Woking and Alton.
- Trains will run between Epsom and Guildford. Southern train services only will run between Epsom and Dorking.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Shepperton will run via Richmond instead of via Wimbledon.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Woking via Hounslow and Staines will not run. Some Portsmouth services will make extra stops at Chertsey and Addlestone. One train an hour between London Waterloo and Windsor & Eton Riverside will be diverted to serve stations via Brentford and Hounslow.
- Circular services via Kingston, also the afternoon and evening service to Kingston via Hounslow will not run. Please use other train services and replacement buses.
- Trains to Hampton Court, Guildford via Cobham, Chessington and stopping services between London Waterloo and Woking via Surbiton will be replaced by the bus services shown below.
Replacement bus services will run on the following routes.
- Between Clapham Junction, Surbiton and Woking.
- Between Clapham Junction and Effingham Junction via Cobham
- Between Clapham Junction and Epsom
- Between Clapham Junction and Chessington South.
- Between Clapham Junction and Hampton Court.
- Between Clapham Junction and Twickenham via Wimbledon and Kingston.