Last updated 29 November 2021
Travelling on SWR:
Travel with confidence. to protect yourself and others, from 30 November you must wear a face covering unless exempt. Fines may apply.
With good ventilation systems on trains, extra cleaning and better information about quieter times, all our passengers can continue to travel with confidence.
Find more information on the latest Government guidance here.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
We're working around the clock to make sure our trains and stations are kept clean and safe for our customers.
- We’re ventilating trains to refresh air
- We are cleaning trains and stations more regularly and continuing to pay particular attention to commonly touched surfaces such as ticket machines, grab handles, stair handrails and door buttons.
- Using a powerful sanitising product which provides strong, long-lasting antimicrobial protection against a range of bacteria, viruses and pathogens.
- Improving information about journeys and trains by providing information on our busiest routes and the times of day our stations will be busy here.
- Providing hand sanitiser dispensers across our network (full list here).
- Encouraging good hand hygiene amongst our colleagues.
Click here for tips to keep safe while you travel.