The Government’s Coronavirus Guidance has changed from 19 July 2021 – click here for more information.
Travelling on SWR:
Train companies have worked together to ensure there is a consistent approach for passengers.
In line with government guidance, we have removed advice about social distancing and expect passengers, out of respect for others, to wear face coverings in crowded places.
With good ventilation systems on trains, extra cleaning and better information about quieter times, all our passengers can continue to travel with confidence.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
We're working around the clock to make sure our trains and stations are kept clean and safe for our customers.
- We’re ventilating trains to refresh air
- We are cleaning trains and stations more regularly and continuing to pay particular attention to commonly touched surfaces such as ticket machines, grab handles, stair handrails and door buttons.
- Using a powerful sanitising product which provides strong, long-lasting antimicrobial protection against a range of bacteria, viruses and pathogens.
- Improving information about journeys and trains by providing information on our busiest routes and the times of day our stations will be busy here.
- Providing hand sanitiser dispensers across our network (full list here).
- Encouraging good hand hygiene amongst our colleagues.
Click here for tips to keep safe while you travel.