Last updated 3 October 2022
Strike action: Saturday 8 October - only travel if absolutely necessary on Saturday 8 October and Sunday 9 October
A severely reduced service will operate between 0730 and 1830 only.
Sunday 9 October
First services will start much later than usual and be very busy - please avoid them if you can.
SWR drivers will not be involved in the planned ASLEF strike action on Wednesday 5 October
Customers should still check before they travel on this date as their connections with other operators might be affected, or not run at all.
Please only travel if absolutely necessary during this period.
If you have to travel, please check your train times as close to your journey as possible.
We are sorry for the disruption this will cause.
STRIKE DAY SERVICES – Saturday 8 October
- A severely reduced service will run between 07:15 and 18:30 on some routes, with the rest of the network closed – see the table and map below
- Engineering work is also taking place reducing the network available for SWR to run its services compared to previous strike days. As a result, SWR's services to Southampton will not be running and services towards Windsor will only run as far as Hounslow
- Where trains are running, they are expected to be very busy
- Journey planners will be updated 2-4 days in advance of the strike day
- Find out more about the impact of the industrial action via our FAQs page
- For an alphabetical list of our stations showing if they will have services on a strike day or not click here
- You can see if alternative public transport options are available via: www.traveline.info
- For updated timetables please click here
Summary of strike day services – Saturday 8 October
- Some services at the start and end of each strike day will run outside of this standard pattern
Download the strike map
SERVICES ON SUNDAY 9 OCTOBER
We will run the usual timetable, but due to the impact of the industrial action and the challenges of getting trains and people in the right place to operate after strike days:
- First trains will start much later than usual
- First trains will be much busier than usual
- If you must travel, please check your entire journey carefully before arriving at the station
Please only travel if absolutely necessary throughout this strike action.
If you have a ticket for a strike day and want to find out about for more information on ticket acceptance, refunds and compensation arrangements please click here.
We are sorry for the disruption this strike will cause and thank you for your patience and understanding as the rail industry works to bring this damaging nationwide action to an end.
If you were affected during the last strike period and require information about refunds and compensation, please click here.