From the end of August 2017 there will be a new station entrance and temporary ticket office accessible from the side of Platform 3.
At the temporary station:
- Train services will continue to operate as planned.
- You are able to access ticket machines
- Staff will be able to assist you between 6.40am and 8.20pm Monday to Saturday and from 7.40am until 7.10pm on Sundays.
- There is replacement cycle parking facilities.
- There is one Blue Badge holders bay, one ‘Kiss & Ride’ bay and two taxi pick up and drop off bays adjacent to the new station entrance.
- Platform 3 has step free access. Staff Assisted stair lift to platform 4 & 5 is available during station opening hours.
You can view the plan of the temporary station here
Drop-off bays have been placed outside of the temporary ticket office, we ask that you please use these instead of local residents' space.
The new station is expected to open in autumn 2019 and the project is due to be completed by the end of 2020. It will have lifts to the platforms, a significantly larger ticket office and more cycle parking spaces, as well as a pedestrian walkway to Moormead.