Your claim may be declined for a number of reasons and the specific reason for this will be provided to you in our response. If we declined your claim or were unable to process it for any reason, we’ll let you know why.
Common reasons for turning down a claim are:
● Your claim was submitted outside of 28 days
● Your ticket was not valid for the journey you have claimed for – please check the details of your ticket
● We were unable to find a delay of 30 minutes or more
● The delay occurred with a different train operator. In this instance we will forward your claim to the train operator we believe is response for your delay
● You have exceeded the maximum compensation payable for a day’s travel*
*Where a delay of 120 minutes occurs, the calculation for this provides you with 100% of the cost of the day’s travel (whether you are a season ticket or daily ticket holder). Because we provide the full cost of the ticket (or value of the day’s travel in the case of season ticket holders), compensation is capped at this level for the day.