We're working around the clock to make sure our trains and stations are kept clean and safe for travellers.
- Continuing to pay particular attention to commonly touched surfaces such as ticket machines, grab handles, stair handrails and door buttons when cleaning our stations and trains.
- Using a powerful sanitising product which provides strong, long-lasting antimicrobial protection against a range of bacteria, viruses and pathogens (see below).
- Rolled out hand sanitiser dispensers across our network (full list here).
- Outlining when our key services and flagship stations tend to get busy so you are able to travel at quieter times.
- Introducing floor markings at our stations to encourage social distancing.
- Introducing stickers on board our trains to encourage social distancing when you are looking for a seat.
- Making regular announcements and using our information screens to remind customers of the latest guidance on social distancing.
- Encouraging good hand hygiene amongst our colleagues.