Some lines between London Waterloo and Clapham Junction (including about half of London Waterloo station) will be closed all day Sunday for maintenance work. A reduced train service will run in and out of London Waterloo.
All lines in the Wimbledon, Kingston and Surbiton areas will also be closed on Sunday and replacement bus services will run.
Alterations for all this work are listed below.
All South Western Railway services will use platforms 3 to 6 at Clapham Junction and platforms 1 to 4 at Vauxhall. Many trains will leave London Waterloo from different platforms to normal - please check displays at station.
Many train services in and out of London Waterloo will make additional stops or use alternative routes with longer journey times. Most services will run to revised timetables.
The following services will be altered as shown below and you may need to change trains to complete your journey.
- Some services between London Waterloo and Exeter will only run west of Basingstoke.
- Some services between London Waterloo and Portsmouth via Haslemere will only run between Woking and Havant (see also Portsmouth area work).
- The additional late afternoon and evening services to and from Salisbury will run between Reading and Salisbury.
- Some services between London Waterloo and Portsmouth via Haslemere will only run between Woking and Portsmouth.
- An hourly stopping service will run between Woking and Basingstoke, also between Woking and Alton.
- There will be no South Western Railway service to Dorking. Please use Southern services from Clapham Junction or Epsom.
- A revised timetable of two trains an hour will run between Epsom and Guildford.
- Trains to Chessington, stopping services between London Waterloo and Guildford via Woking and via Surbiton, also Hampton Court services will be replaced by the bus services shown below.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Shepperton will run via Richmond and Twickenham instead of via Wimbledon. A revised timetable of two trains an hour will run on this route.
- Circular services via Kingston will not run. Please use altered train services and replacement buses.
- A revised train service will run to and from Windsor & Eton Riverside and some trains will run via Brentford and Hounslow instead of via Richmond.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Woking via Hounslow and Staines will not run. Some Portsmouth services will make extra stops at Chertsey and Addlestone.
- The afternoon and evening service to Kingston via Hounslow will not run. Please use other train services.
Services to Reading and to Portsmouth will also be altered due to work in those areas. Please see separate sections for details.
Replacement bus services will run on the following routes.
- From Clapham Junction and Surbiton to Weybridge and Woking.
- From Clapham Junction to Surbiton – fast and stopping buses.
- From Clapham Junction to Hampton Court.
- From Clapham Junction to Epsom.
- From Clapham Junction to Chessington South.
- From Clapham Junction to Effingham Junction (connecting with trains between Epsom and Guildford).
- From Clapham Junction to Twickenham via Wimbledon and Kingston.