Some lines between London Waterloo and Clapham Junction (including about half of London Waterloo station) will be closed all day Sunday for track maintenance and renewal work. A reduced train service will run in and out of London Waterloo.
All lines in the Wimbledon, Surbiton and Kingston area, also the lines between Wimbledon and Epsom, will also be closed and replacement bus services will run on routes passing through this area. Alterations for all this work are listed below.
All South Western Railway services will use platforms 3 to 6 at Clapham Junction and platforms 1 to 4 at Vauxhall. Many trains will leave London Waterloo from different platforms to normal - please check displays at station.
Many train services in and out of London Waterloo will make additional stops or use alternative routes with longer journey times. Most services will run to altered timetables.
Berrylands station will have no service. Please use local buses to connect with trains at other stations nearby.
The following services will be altered as shown below and you may need to change trains to complete your journey.
- Some trains to and from Yeovil and Exeter will only run between Basingstoke and Exeter.
- The stopping service to and from Salisbury will run between Reading and Salisbury all day. The extra evening services from Gillingham and Frome will also run to Reading instead of London Waterloo.
- Trains to Poole and Portsmouth via Eastleigh will join and separate at Eastleigh all day. See also information for work in the Portsmouth area.
- Some trains to and from Portsmouth via Haslemere will only run between Woking and Havant (there is also work in the Portsmouth area).
- Hourly train services will run between Woking and Basingstoke (stopping service), also between Woking and Alton. Please use other train services or replacement buses between London Waterloo and Woking.
- There will be no stopping train service between London Waterloo and Guildford via Woking. Buses will run between Clapham Junction and Woking. Some buses will run to and from Guildford, calling at Worplesdon.
- There will be no train service to and from Chessington South. Buses will run between Clapham Junction and Chessington South.
- Trains will run between Epsom and Guildford.
- There will be no South Western Railway service between Epsom and Dorking. Please use Southern train services.
- A shuttle train service will run between Effingham Junction and Guildford, connecting with the bus service between Clapham Junction and Effingham Junction via Cobham.
- There will be no train service between London Waterloo and Hampton Court. Buses will run between Clapham Junction and Hampton Court.
- Trains between London Waterloo and Shepperton will run via Richmond instead of via Wimbledon. Passengers for stations via Kingston and Wimbledon should change between train and bus at Strawberry Hill.
- The circular service via Kingston will be altered to run between London Waterloo and Shepperton via Richmond. Buses will run between Clapham Junction and Twickenham via Wimbledon.
- Some trains between London Waterloo and Windsor & Eton Riverside will be altered to run via Brentford and Hounslow.
- The afternoon and evening services to and from Kingston via Hounslow will not run. Please use other train services.
- There will be no train service between London Waterloo and Woking via Hounslow and Staines. Some Portsmouth line trains will make extra stops at Chertsey and Addlestone.
Replacement bus services will run on the following routes.
- Between Clapham Junction and Woking / Weybridge via Surbiton
- Between Clapham Junction and Surbiton.
- Between Clapham Junction and Hampton Court
- Between Clapham Junction and Effingham Junction via Cobham
- Between Clapham Junction and Epsom.
- Between Clapham Junction and Chessington South.
- Between Clapham Junction and Twickenham via Wimbledon and Kingston.