Rail improvement projects will affect passengers traveling through Guildford this Easter. Customers are advised to check before they travel.
Network Rail are upgrading the railway around Guildford to provide better journeys for millions of passengers.
The upgrades will provide a more reliable railway for trains between London and Guildford, Woking and Portsmouth, Reading and Redhill, and Guildford and Aldershot.
We are advising customers to check their route and times in advance as train services will be reduced, with replacement buses in operation to some destinations.
When will the works be taking place?
The majority of Guildford station will be closed for 10 days between Friday 10 April and Sunday 19 April inclusive. Some services will resume on Tuesday 14 April on a reduced timetable.
How will this affect my journey?
The work will impact all rail services that travel through Guildford.
From Friday 10 April to Sunday 19 April, replacement buses will be in operation for journeys between:
This will affect South Western Railway (SWR), Great Western Railway (GWR), CrossCountry and Southern services.
- Woking and Haslemere
- Guildford and Aldershot/ Farnham
- North Camp to Redhill / Gatwick Airport
What services will be running over the Easter holidays?
We know there is never a convenient time to close the railway. Network Rail have chosen to do the work over the Easter holidays when passenger demand is typically lower. For those passengers travelling between 10 and 19 April, we will work to keep people moving.
Buses will replace SWR services between Woking/Guildford and Haslemere, plus Guildford and Aldershot for all 10 days of engineering work.
Platform 1 will open from Tuesday 14 April for a limited number of SWR services to London Waterloo via Cobham & Stoke D’Abernon.
The service provision for each day of the works are below.
What the work will involve
From Friday 10 April to Sunday 19 April Network Rail will be:
- replacing 14 end points around Guildford station
- upgrading 41 track circuits
- replacing almost a mile of track, and
- replacing more than a mile of conductor rail
Before the line closure between Friday 10 and Sunday 19 April there will also be three weekends of preparatory works in the Guildford area.
On the following dates, there will only be a limited number of services from Guildford station:
- Sunday 15 March
- Sunday 22 March
- Sunday 29 March
Please check posters at stations, our website and National Rail Enquiries
Whilst Network Rail are carrying out the improvement works, other train companies will also be unable to operate trains through Guildford Station.
Great Western Railway
- Buses will replace trains between North Camp and Redhill/Gatwick Airport.
- An hourly service will continue to run between Reading and Ash with a half-hourly service during weekday peak times.
- Peak-hour services to/from Guildford will start/terminate at Epsom.
- Services between Reading and Guildford will not run.
- Trains will start/terminate at Reading instead.
Customers with monthly or longer season tickets from Farncombe, Godalming, Milford, Witley, Haslemere, Liphook, Liss, Petersfield and Rowlands Castle may travel from any station on the Alton line to London as an alternative* These stations are Alton, Bentley, Farnham, Aldershot, Ash Vale or Brookwood.
We are also allowing monthly or longer car park season ticket holders to use the station car parks at Farnham or Alton. These station car parks are likely to be busier than usual and spaces are not guaranteed.
* Please note that any customers who purchase weekly or daily tickets and choose to travel from an alternative station will need to purchase a ticket for the actual journey they make.
Help with your journey
If you are not able to travel on our replacement buses, an accessible taxi can be arranged for you. This can be done by:
- Booking in advance here
- Speaking to a member of staff at the station on the day of travel*
- Using the Help Point available at our stations on the day of travel*
* Please allow additional time as an accessible taxi may not be available immediately. Booking in advance is the best way to ensure a smooth journey.