Engineering works will be taking place between Fareham and Eastleigh from Saturday 23 May to Friday 29 May
Network Rail will be installing just under a mile of track between Botley and Fareham during the works in May. This important infrastructure upgrade will help improve the reliability of the railway between these two stations.
This means that there will be no train service on the line between Fareham and Eastleigh from Saturday 23 May to Friday 29 May.
Buses will instead replace South Western Railway services between these two stations, calling at Botley and Hedge End.
How will this affect my journey?
South Western Railway services
Great Western Railway services
- Buses will replace SWR services between Fareham and Eastleigh, which will call at Botley and Hedge End – there will be one bus per hour in both directions with additional services running during peak times from Tuesday 26 – Friday 29 May
- Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour via Eastleigh and Portsmouth Harbour to Waterloo via Eastleigh services will only run between Waterloo and Eastleigh in both directions.
- Services between Portsmouth and Southsea and Southampton will call additionally at Portsmouth Harbour.
- Great Western Railway services between Portsmouth Harbour and Cardiff Central will be diverted via Netley.
- Southern services will be diverted via Swanwick.
Car park information
- There will be reduced car parking available at Fareham station during the works.
- Botley and Hedge End with monthly or longer car park season tickets will be able to use the car park at Southampton Airport Parkway.