These terms and conditions are subject to any other terms and conditions provided on this website.
- The Competition
- The competition promoter is First MTR South Western Trains Limited trading as South Western Railway ("SWR", "we" or "us") a company established in the UK with a registered office address at 8th Floor, The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF. Registered in England and Wales, company number: 07900320.
- The title of the competition is 'Win an unforgettable weekend in London with What’s Love Got To Do With It!'
- The competition will run from 00:01 1 Feb 2023. (“Opening Date”) until 23:59 28 Feb 2023. (“Closing Date”). All entries must be submitted before the Closing Date and entries submitted after this time will be automatically disqualified.
- SWR reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition at any time.
- Competition entry
- Entry is free of charge and no payments are required to participate.
- The competition is only open to those who are 18 years or over and who are residents of the UK. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- The Company’s employees and their immediate families, the Company’s agents and anyone professionally connected with the prize draw are not eligible to take part.
- The Company reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules may not be accepted.
- Proof of website submission will not be accepted as proof of entry and no responsibility is accepted for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed for whatever reason, including without limitation due to computer, network and/or user error.
- Entrants may enter only once.
- Entrants must have access to a personal email account.
- The Prize
The prize details are as follows for 2 adults:
- Return train travel within mainland UK to London
- Return station transfers in London
- 2 nights’ accommodation in 4* hotel in London, based on sharing a double occupancy room
- Private movie locations tour (approximately 2 hours)
- Thames River Cruise (50 minutes)
- Tickets to Observatory Deck
- Dinner at Pakistani supper club (select dates)
- Cocktails at luxury bar: Provided to the value of £100 incl. gratuity
- The Recipients must travel at the same time with the same itinerary; At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over; Anyone under 18 years old will require parent or guardian permission prior to travel; Standard class train travel from stations within mainland UK to London only.
- A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into hotel accommodation.
- Hotel accommodation is based on two adults sharing one double occupancy room in London; Accommodation is selected by the prize provider at their sole discretion; Hotel accommodation for the Recipients does not include any meals, incidentals, gratuities, or telephone calls. Any other personal expenses incurred during the trip will be the responsibility of the Recipients. A credit card for incidentals will be requested by the hotel at check-in and therefore at least one of the Recipients must possess and travel with a valid credit card.
- The prize excludes meals and drinks (except where specified), excursions, attractions, treatments, visas, personal expenses and anything not expressly stated in the prize package.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability; If unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered at prize provider’s discretion; Winners must contact prize provider with three preferred travel dates in three separate months no later than six weeks prior to departure; All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time.
- Once booked, the prize cannot be amended or cancelled; prize is non-refundable and non-transferable; No cash alternative is available.
- The prize cannot be taken from 21st December – 2nd January (Christmas and New Year), over UK public holidays, or over Easter Sunday; Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and all travel must be completed within that time.
- The supper club is available on select dates, if unavailable over winner’s chosen dates, dinner at a restaurant will be provided to the value of £150 including standard gratuity; bar tab at the specified bar is provided to the value of £100 including standard gratuity, the minimum drinking age is 18 years old and photographic proof of age may be required for entrance and purchase of alcohol; a dress code may be required for the bar and will be advised upon booking.
- Prize must be taken in accordance with government guidelines and COVID-19 rules and restrictions in place at the time of travel; The arrangement and additional costs for any COVID-19 testing or other expenses that may be incurred are the sole responsibility of the winner and guest.
- Winners must have access to a personal email account.
Exclusion of liability
- The winner of the prize will be selected at random from eligible entrants.
- The winner(s) will be notified within 30 days of the closing date. The winner will be notified by SWR via the email address entered on the competition form.
- The prize winner’s contact details will be provided to the prize supplier in order to fulfil the prize.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 14 days of the closing date or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Company reserves the right to offer the prize to any other eligible entrant.
- To request the name and county of the winners, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to South Western Railway, 4th Floor, South Bank Central, 30 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9LQ within one month of the Closing Date.
In so far as permitted by law, the Company shall not be responsible for and shall not cover nor insure any entrants and or the winner, and third parties from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, penalties, fines, judgements, costs, charges and expenses of whatever kind and nature relating to the credit and prizes in any way.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Company may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.