These terms and conditions are subject to any other terms and conditions provided on this website.
- The Competition
- The competition promoter is First MTR South Western Trains Limited trading as South Western Railway ("SWR", "we" or "us") a company established in the UK with a registered office address at 8th Floor, The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF. Registered in England and Wales, company number: 07900320.
- The title of the competition is 'Win a luxury UK retreat, plus a signed paperback copy of The People on Platform 5
- The competition will run from 00:01 2 Mar 2023. (“Opening Date”) until 23:59 14 May 2023. (“Closing Date”). All entries must be submitted before the Closing Date and entries submitted after this time will be automatically disqualified.
- SWR reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition at any time.
- Competition entry
- Entry is free of charge and no payments are required to participate.
- The competition is only open to those who are 18 years or over and who are residents of the UK. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- The Company’s employees and their immediate families, the Company’s agents and anyone professionally connected with the prize draw are not eligible to take part.
- The Company reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules may not be accepted.
- Proof of website submission will not be accepted as proof of entry and no responsibility is accepted for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed for whatever reason, including without limitation due to computer, network and/or user error.
- Entrants may enter only once.
- Entrants must have access to a personal email account.
- The Prize
The prize details are as follows for 2 adults:
- a monetary voucher to the value of £800, to be redeemed in booking any of the hotels, at any available date, on the Country Hotel Breaks website, www.countryhotelbreaks.com
- 1 x signed copy of The People on Platform 5 paperback book
- 5 runners up will each receive a copy of The People on Platform 5 paperback book
- Country Hotel Breaks will email the winner their voucher which will include all booking details
- The voucher will be valid until 15 May 2024 – countryhotelbreaks.com full terms
- Penguin Random House will post the winner/s books, allow up to 28 days for delivery
Exclusion of liability
- The winner of the prize will be selected at random from eligible entrants.
- The winner(s) will be notified within 30 days of the closing date. The winner will be notified by SWR via the email address entered on the competition form.
- The prize winner’s contact details will be provided to the prize supplier in order to fulfil the prize.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 14 days of the closing date or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Company reserves the right to offer the prize to any other eligible entrant.
- To request the name and county of the winners, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to South Western Railway, 4th Floor, South Bank Central, 30 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9LQ within one month of the Closing Date.
In so far as permitted by law, the Company shall not be responsible for and shall not cover nor insure any entrants and or the winner, and third parties from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, penalties, fines, judgements, costs, charges and expenses of whatever kind and nature relating to the credit and prizes in any way.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Company may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.