WIN! A FUN-FILLED FAMILY BREAK TO LONDON WITH A DOG’ S JOURNEY AND SWR – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are subject to any other terms and conditions provided on this website.
- The Competition
- The competition promoter is First MTR South Western Trains Limited trading as South Western Railway ("SWR", "we" or "us") a company established in the UK with a registered office address at 4th Floor Capital House, 25 Chapel Street, London, NW1 5DH. Registered in England and Wales, company number: 07900320.
- The title of the competition is ‘Win a Family Break to London with A Dog’s Journey’
- The competition will run from 00:01 01 May 2019. (“Opening Date”) until 23:59 31 May 2019. (“Closing Date”). All entries must be submitted before the Closing Date and entries submitted after this time will be automatically disqualified.
- SWR reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition at any time.
- Competition entry
- Entry is free of charge and no payments are required to participate.
- The competition is only open to those who are 16 years or over and who are residents of the UK. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- The Company’s employees and their immediate families, the Company’s agents and anyone professionally connected with the prize draw are not eligible to take part.
- The Company reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules may not be accepted.
- Proof of website submission will not be accepted as proof of entry and no responsibility is accepted for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed for whatever reason, including without limitation due to computer, network and/or user error.
- Entrants may enter only once.
- The Prize
Prize package for 2 adults, 2 children under 12 and 1 dog includes:
Train travel is provided by the SWR.
A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into hotel accommodation.
Hotel accommodation in based on two adults, two under-12s and 1 dog sharing one family room.
Hotel will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion.
Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable; no cash alternative is available;
Prize is subject to availability; prize cannot be taken from 21st December 2019 – 2nd January 2020 (Christmas and New Year), over UK bank holidays, or over Easter Sunday.
Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and travel must be booked and completed within that time frame;
Winners must contact prize provider with three preferred travel dates in three separate months no later than six weeks prior to departure;
Stay must include a Saturday night in the hotel; all elements of the prize must be taken at the same time; once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended;
At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over;
The prize excludes meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize;
There are no life jackets for dogs on the boat ride, dogs are brought on at the risk of the owner; on the cable car ride, dogs should be carried at all times;
Dinner at the specified restaurant is provided to the maximum value of £150 incl. gratuity; if any of the stated activities are unavailable over winner’s preferred travel dates then alternative activities of equal value will be offered by prize provider.
- Return train travel to London from a station of the winner’s choosing on the South Western Railway network. (Provided by SWR)
- Return station transfers in London
- 2 nights’ dog-friendly hotel accommodation in London, with a four-star rating, based on sharing a family room
- Daily breakfast
- Regents Canal Boat Ride (1 hour)
- Cable Car Ride: Includes return tickets
- Family Dinner at top dog-friendly restaurant in London, provided to the maximum value of £150. Incl. gratuity
Exclusion of liability
- The winner of the prize will be selected at random from eligible entrants.
- The winner(s) will be notified within 30 days of the closing date. The winner will be notified by SWR via the email address entered on the competition form.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 14 days of the closing date or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Company reserves the right to offer the prize to any other eligible entrant.
- To request the name and county of the winners, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to South Western Railway, 4th Floor, South Bank Central, 30 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9LQ within one month of the Closing Date.
In so far as permitted by law, the Company shall not be responsible for and shall not cover nor insure any entrants and or the winner, and third parties from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, penalties, fines, judgements, costs, charges and expenses of whatever kind and nature relating to the credit and prizes in any way.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Company may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.