2019 is the 130th anniversary of the Sandown Carnival - and the Carnival is celebrating with their biggest ever fireworks display.
Starting at 16:00, the event features activities for all the family, including fire shows, food vendors, character walkabouts and side shows - culminating in a dazzling light display from 20:00 onward.
Full list of events:
- 17:15: Oyster Girls & Moonshine Border Morris Dancing near the pier
- 18:00: Jukebox Jazz perform near the pier
- 18.15: Ryde Extreme Performers Fire Show on the beach
- 18:30: Oyster Girls & Moonshine Border Morris Dancing near the pier
- 18:45: Hoopfinity L.E.D Hoop Show on the main stage
- 19:15: Jukebox Jazz perform near the pier
- 19.15: Ryde Extreme Performers Fire Show on the beach
- 19:45: Hoopfinity Fire & Spark show on the main stage
- 20:00: Sandown Carnival's biggest ever Firework Finale from Sandown Pier
Find out more
Trains to Sandown Carnival November Celebrations
The Island Line runs a regular service to Sandown station from Ryde Pier, Ryde Esplanade and from Shanklin. It's a 10 minute walk from the station to the Esplanade. Turn left leaving the station, and continue down Station Avenue (turning right at the crossroads with Park Mews and Station Road). Turn right at St John's Road, before turning left onto Union Road, the right onto Wilkes Road. Cross Shanklin High Street to reach the Esplanade.