It is not possible to pause and restart your season ticket. If you are not going to be using your season ticket for some time, you should request a refund.
To qualify for a refund, you must meet the following criteria:
- Weekly - there must be at least 3 days remaining on your season ticket
- Monthly and monthly plus - there must be at least 7 days remaining on your season ticket
- Annual - there must be 7 weeks or more left on your season ticket
Season tickets are discounted, and the refund is not a fixed proportion of what you paid. Where a significant proportion of the ticket has already been used there may not be any refund value.
- Flexi Seasons typically have no refund value after 7 days use
- Weekly seasons have no refund value after 4 days use
- Monthly seasons have no refund value after 3 weeks and 4 days
- Annual seasons have no refund value after 10 months and 12 days use
You can use the Season Ticket Refund Calculator to get an estimate of how much you’ll receive for an annual or custom length (longer than one month) season ticket. The exact amount you receive may vary depending on the final validation of the refund application. In some cases there may not be any refund value left on the season ticket.
Refunds are calculated from the date you return the season ticket. If you’ve been ill, we can backdate the refund if you provide written evidence and have not started using the season ticket again. We won’t give you a refund or extend your season ticket just because you don’t use it for a period of time, for example because you’ve been on holiday.
To calculate the refund value we’ll work out the total cost of the tickets you’d have needed to buy to make one return journey a day up to the date you returned your season ticket. The refund will be the difference, if any, between this total cost and the price you paid for the season ticket, less an administration fee of £10. This also applies to season tickets with PlusBus and London Travelcards added on.
To claim a refund on a season ticket you’ll need to apply from where you bought it.
Use delay repay to claim where due severe disruption you were unable to travel.